|Asbestos Cancer Mesothelioma|
Asbestos Cancer Mesothelioma - Although asbestos cancer mesothelioma is rare, it has still had a number of truly notable patients. Here is a list of some of the more notable people who have had asbestos cancer mesothelioma in their lives, or who have died at some point from asbestos cancer mesothelioma.
- Hamilton Jordan, who was Chief of Staff for Jimmy Carter, died in 2008 from asbestos cancer mesothelioma.
- Bob Bellear, a well known anti-racism activist in Australia died in 2005 from the disease.
- Michael G. Coney, who was a British science fiction writer with more than 100 works under his belt, died in 2005 from asbestos cancer mesothelioma.
- Paul Gleason, an American film and TV actor who acted in the Breakfast Club was killed by asbestos cancer mesothelioma in 2006.
- Mickie most, a record producer from England was taken by asbestos cancer mesothelioma in 2003.
- Bernie Banton, a workers' rights activist in Australia who fought hard against James Hardie after contracting mesothelioma eventually died, as did hundreds of other workers that worked for James hardie.
- Paul Rudolph, who is an American architect that was well known for cubist architecture designs, lost his life in 1997 to the disease.
- Steve McQueen died from peritoneal mesothelioma in 1980. He was a well known actor before he was diagnosed with the cancer. Because the cancer was so advanced, his doctors would not offer him surgery or chemotherapy treatment.
- Bruce Vento, who was a United States Congressman, died of mesothelioma in the year 2000.
- Warren Zevon was diagnosed with an inoperable form of mesothelioma in the fall in the year 2002. He refused any treatment that he felt would incapacitate him, focusing all of his efforts and energies on recording his final album which was titled "The Wind". On September 7, 2003, he died from the cancer.
- Christie Hennessy, an influential singer and songwriter from Ireland died in 2007 from asbestos cancer mesothelioma. He had refused to accept his prognosis in the weeks just before his death.
- One of the founders of Software Development Labs, Bob Miner, died in 1994 from Mesothelioma. The Software Development Labs Company is the forerunner for the Oracle Corporation.
- Peter Leonard, Canberra journalist as well as news presenter died from asbestos cancer mesothelioma on the 23rd of September in 2008.
- Terrence McCann, an Olympic gold medalist died in 2006 of mesothelioma at his home located in Dana Point in California.
Although many noteworthy figures have died as a result of mesothelioma throughout the years, mesothelioma treatments have become more advanced through the years, and the survival rate of people with mesothelioma is becoming longer and longer with each new technological advance and each new medical breakthrough that becomes a reality for mesothelioma patients around the world.